02 March, 2008

THE PEOPLE - FANTASY IN JADE



The PEOPLE - 'Fantasy In Jade' / 'Lady Parker' (Dash 708) 1967

All I know about The People is that they were NOT the same People who had a small hit with 'I Love You'. These People on the small Dash label are undocumented and unknown. So if anyone has any information be sure to let me know.

'Fantasy In Jade' has that special 60s West Coast laid back psychedelic approach with male/female vocals and sounds to me to be treading the same trippy path as The Jefferson Airplane were following on Surrealistic Pillow. It starts off slow paced and doesn't pick up until it ends in a flurry of fuzz, then is gone.

'Lady Parker' is another slow paced psycher with female lead vocals. This one is weird as shit. Totally acid and way out. Only the West Coast of USA produced this kinda bag.
The address on the label states Sunset Blvd, Hollywood. So I'm guessing that they were from Los Angeles. Both songs have writer credits Fetsko-DeBor-Brucker.

updates from readers:

Pressed in Cincinnati, Ohio by Rite Records at the end of '67.

This is my group and songs, recorded in Pittsburgh PA in 1967. I'm happy you like the music, odd as it is. I now record under the name dsfečo. My latest EP, Watch It Sparkle, is available on Amazon, http://amzn.com/B00VF6K4PE 



3 comments:

  1. Pressed in Cincinnati, Ohio by Rite Records at the end of '67.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an amazing 45, fabulous acid folk psych, a West Coast flavoured Love-In.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my group and songs, recorded in Pittsburgh PA in 1967. I'm happy you like the music, odd as it is. I now record under the name dsfečo. My latest EP, Watch It Sparkle, is available on Amazon, http://amzn.com/B00VF6K4PE

    ReplyDelete