03 May, 2012

THE WILD THINGS - I'LL TASTE YOUR LIPS


THE WILD THINGS - 'Summer's Gone'/'I'll Taste Your Lips' (Blue Onion BO-101) 1967

The Wild Things are believed to have hailed from Willoughby, Cleveland, Ohio and released two singles on the short lived independent label Blue Onion. Check out the distinctive logo on the label with tears coming from the onion's eyes...neat!

'Summer's Gone' was the first release on Blue Onion. I'm not sure why they chose this slow ballad as the 'A'side because the moody folk-rock of the flip 'I'll Taste Her Lips' is cleary the superior song.

Other releases on Blue Onion were by The Onion Rings, Uncle Sam & The War Machine, The Road and a second 45 by The Wild Things. Their 'A.C.I.D' can be found on Psychedelic Experience Volume 3.


No comments:

Post a Comment