19 June, 2012

THE ALLIES - BURNING FLASK


THE ALLIES - 'I'll Sell My Soul'/'Burning Flask' (Valiant Records V-748) September 1966

Valiant Records had the knack of releasing the odd thunderous garage swinger and straight after releasing the soft pop of 'Cherish' by The Association the label unleashed this L.A. band's non hit wonder.

Mystery surrounds The Allies and little is known about them but over these two sides the band had the talent and the power to make a deep impression on me. 'I'll Sell My Soul' is perhaps their most famous song. It's been compiled a couple of times but the folk punk intensity of 'Burning Flask' has not surfaced before.

originally posted 30/01/10



1 comment:

  1. A great yearning folk rocker, with terrific vocals and guitar, many thanks for discovering this Colin.

    ReplyDelete