THE AVENGERS - OPEN YOUR EYES



THE AVENGERS - "It's Hard To Hide" / "Open Your Eyes" (Current Records C-1001) July 1966

'Open Your Eyes" was written by rhythm guitarist Henry Gonzales although the songwriting credit on the record label is Gerry Blake. He confirmed to me via email that it was a label error.

The song is a great fuzzy jangle tripper with an unusual organ sound. I asked Gerry how he achieved this on his Farfisa organ.

"Yes, I did use a Farfisa organ during the recording of this song. The leg push bar on the bottom of the keyboard was how I got the sound on 'Open Your Eyes' (The song I didn't write ) and a couple of others. You can really hear it on the lead in that song. I did have a Vox Continental for a short time but I never used it."

my Avengers Facebook tribute page 



Comments