THE CITY ZU - I'LL FIND ANOTHER


THE CITY ZU - "Give A Little Bit" / "I'll Find Another" (Columbia 4-44342) November 1967

This is the second time The City Zu have been featured on my blog. Check out my updated entry from 2011 when I featured their psychedelic rocker "Too Much, Too Soon, Too Fast" here.

The A-Side "Give A Little Bit" was a regional hit in the North West and possibly went Top 20 in Seattle. I've located a radio sheet from ARSA showing the disc just outside the twenty. Either way it was a success and got The City Zu attention. Surprisingly they never released anything else on Columbia, moving to Dot Records for a couple of singles. I've read elsewhere that the band recorded more material that was never released at the time. Maybe one day, if it's true, a re-issue label could dig a little deeper and release them.

By the way "Give A Little Bit" was recorded by The Knickerbockers in February 1966 but their version was never released. The song was written by Glen Campbell.

"I'll Find Another" is a tuff garage pop mover with a bouncy rhythm, organ and sax. it was written by Jerry "Zu" Matheson



Here's a rare City Zu picture from The Seeds concert. -  with Norm Langseth, Doug Heath, Jerry Zu, Mike Garland, Brad Miller and Charlie Harkus.
rare vintage City Zu gig poster. Both images taken from The City Zu Facebook page....

Comments

  1. J. Matheson, must be Jerry "Zu" Matheson, who still keeps the name City Zu going. They have a homepage with many pictures here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, thanks!
      My entry has been updated.

      Delete

Post a Comment