21 October, 2015

THOR'S HAMMER - IF YOU KNEW



THOR'S HAMMER - "If You Knew" (Ugly Pop UPO46) 2013

This is an enjoyable compilation album to spin for top Thor's Hammer tunes from 1965 - 1967.
For those who don't know they were Iceland's premier and maybe only beat group. I don't know for sure if they were the only one but I doubt if Iceland had any beat scene going on in the mid 60s.

Thor's Hammer made their way to England and signed a deal with Parlophone and released a few records that were brimming with quality but went nowhere fast. Their aggressive fuzz crunchers "I Don't Care" and "My Life" get a lot of attention and quite rightly so, but my pick is The Searchers influenced jangle beat gem "If You Knew" from 1966. Absolutely their best song in my opinion.



No comments:

Post a Comment