FRATERNITY OF MAN - WISPY PAISLEY SKIES



FRATERNITY OF MAN - "Don't Bogart Me" / "Wispy Paisley Skies" (Stateside SS 2166) March 1970

Fraternity Of Man are perhaps best known for their hippie blues tune "Don't Bogart Me" which was used in the film "Easy Rider." Far more interesting is the folk-psych winner "Wispy Paisley Skies" hidden away on a B-Side. This single was probably released in Britain to coincide with "Easy Rider" because it came out almost two years earlier in the USA. 

"Butterfly dreams swirling all around."


The group featured ex members of Lowell George & The Factory. I don't have any other records by them, I believe that they released two studio albums.  


 

Comments

  1. Wonderful stuff. Don't know how this track has passed me by all these years, off to find it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! - I actually found the song by chance. Some years back I was searching on eBay for paisley material to make a backdrop behind my turntable. My 'paisle' search found this single by Fraternity Of Man and of course I had to buy it!

      Delete

Post a Comment