24 July, 2016

WE THE PEOPLE - WHEN I ARRIVE



WE THE PEOPLE - "Ain't Gonna Find Nobody" / "When I Arrive" (RCA Victor 47-9498) April 1968

Batten down the hatches and prepare to have your mind distorted by fuzztones....Orlando, FL group We The People have arrived on my blog.

"When I Arrive" is a potent stew of wild Who like chords, fuzz guitar, bad vibe words spat out then manipulated with studio vocal FX and is another one of those singles where the record label picked the wrong song for the A-Side.

The horn rock of "Ain't Gonna Find Nobody" didn't sell so few people would have had the chance to hear the incredible acid punker "When I Arrive."


2 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning band when they were on their game. (May I point out title error)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed, thanks for keeping me right...

      Delete